Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bellevue Botanical Gardens

Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend a lovely few days in Bellevue, WA with my husband. Gettaways are so nice! Here are some pictures from the Bellevue Botanical Gardens that I miraculously captured in between the nearly constant drizzle.

I found this bronze toad at the beginning and fell in love
bronze frog statue

Do you think he was once a Prince?
bronze frog statue

waterfall

Japanese Garden

Considering the time of year I was visiting the Gardens, there obviously wasn't a ton of color going on,
but these new leaves that looked more like feelers were a shocking neon yellow-green.
neon leaves

Yao Japanese Garden

robin

Did I say there was no color? Well, I lied.
moss

But there will be more color in the coming months!
bud

I did find one tree that had already managed a few blossomspink blossoms

But mostly it was still in bud not bloom
water drop on buds

If I haven't made it clear enough, let me say it again, I LOVE nature.

More from Bellevue to come.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love these!

    My favorites:
    -frog #2 (did you do an HDR effect on that one? I have so much to learn!!)
    -robin on the mossy branch
    -the macro of the bud is amazing--so dynamic.

    ReplyDelete